Friday, April 30, 2010

Idea Writing

Idea Writing is the process of splitting up a large group into a smaller group so that a group goal can be accomplished. In idea writing, the group responds to a question via writing. Unlike Buzz Sessions, participants respond by writing instead of verbally. After each person responds, they pass their paper to the next person so that they can respond. At the end, the group discusses the main points that were learned.
I first experience this in my English 1B class at San Jose State University. My teacher would have us write in journals in response to a question, and then break into groups to allow others to read it. The students would then respond with short messages to help creative thinking. I think this is important because sometimes groups can get off track when discussing orally. Also, it may be easier to write our thoughts rather than speak it. By doing this, I feel I could fully express myself, and not feel shy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment